In the Course Setting Module of OCAD, you can now either copy the Course Scheme to clipboard as Bitmap or export it in a new .ocd-File. If you prepare a map with all controls for a relay, add the Course Scheme to keep track of your courses.
To Copy the Course Scheme, simply click on the corresponding icon on the lower right corner.
To Export the Course Scheme, choose the corresponding command in the Export submenu of the Course Setting menu. Later you can import this file into your course setting project.
A new function has been added to the latest OCAD 2018 Service Update: Vectorize automatically cliff features.
With OCAD, you can now automatically convert cliff features from the Slope Gradient calculation into vector symbols.
Please find more information in our Wiki.
To use this function, you need the latest OCAD 2018 Service Update, which can be downloaded from the Help -> OCAD Service Update function in the OCAD program.
If you have objects with congruent vertices and/or neighbouring segments, you can move their vertices and segments together.
First select the vertex or the segment to be shifted, then press the Tabulator key and move the vertex/segment.
For Animation and more Information, please visit our Wiki.
In the OCAD Course Setting module, you can export your courses as KMZ files and watch them later in Google Earth. KMZ files can contain both vector and raster objects.
Originally, this tool was developed for Trac Trac and their application O-Track. O-Track is a service which makes tracking, viewing and sharing orienteering easy and fun for both beginners and professionals.
This is how it works:
– Be sure your map is georeferenced and a coordinate system is set.
– Choose the Courses (KMZ) command from the Export submenu of the Course Setting menu.
– Select the desired extent and click on Export.
– Select which courses/classes shall be exported. Select multiple courses/classes by holding the
Ctrl key or click the Select all button to select all courses/classes. All courses/classes will be saved in the same KMZ file.
– Click on the exported KMZ file. Google Earth will start automatically. You will find a folder for each course in your Temporary Places with the course maps and all controls. A PNG file will be created for each course. The controls will be displayed by placemarks.
See also or Wiki for more information.
OCAD is a Windows software. However, OCAD runs on Ubuntu using Wine.
We installed Wine on Ubuntu and run OCAD afterwards without any problems.
Wine is a free software and enables Linux users to run Windows applications without a copy of Microsoft Windows. Install Wine from the Ubuntu Software Center.