OCAD 2019 is just a new name to underline that you are using a software that is constantly evolving and which contains new features and standards. It’s not a new version. If you are on a subscription model, you will automatically receive OCAD 2019 with the latest Service Update and do not need to purchase any new licenses.
For technical reasons, OCAD installation folders, etc., will continue to be marked as OCAD 2018. However, the general strategy is to omit the year in the name of each OCAD edition in the future.
There is a Wiki page, which summarises Tipps and Tricks with Keyboard and Mouse to optimize your drawing and editing skills in OCAD. It’s really worth to have a look there! For each function there is a link for an animation and further information.
New functions for the OCAD Course Setting module have been added with the latest Service Update 18.2.2.
– With the Compose Course tool, course setting has become faster and easier. First click adds a start object, each additional click adds a control point and double click adds a finish object to the map and the course.
– To start successfully with a Course Setting project, we added the New Course Setting Project Wizard. This wizard guides you through the first steps, like choosing the right symbol set and loading a map file in the background layer.
The new functions will be explained briefly in this video.
This function makes it easier to combine curves and straight lines. Furthermore, this drawing mode might be more intuitive for people new to OCAD.
First activate the option Curve mode: Change to straight line mode when clicking in drawing area in the Preferences -> Drawing and Editing tab.
Start drawing the curve as usual. To draw a straight line, just click in the drawing area. This way, you can easy switch between straight line mode and curve mode. Double click the left mouse button to finish drawing.
OCAD 2018 runs as app on clouds like DropBox or OneDrive. Install your Team or Single User Licenses in the Cloud.
Especially the installation of OCAD Team User Licenses in the Cloud, has many advantages.
– You have only one installation and it’s therefore also much easier to update
– It’s becoming easier to transfer a Team license from one member to another one
– When a Team member starts OCAD, he can choose an available license.