If you have objects with congruent vertices and/or neighbouring segments, you can move their vertices and segments together.
First select the vertex or the segment to be shifted, then press the Tabulator key and move the vertex/segment.
For Animation and more Information, please visit our Wiki.
In the OCAD Course Setting module, you can export your courses as KMZ files and watch them later in Google Earth. KMZ files can contain both vector and raster objects.
Originally, this tool was developed for Trac Trac and their application O-Track. O-Track is a service which makes tracking, viewing and sharing orienteering easy and fun for both beginners and professionals.
This is how it works:
– Be sure your map is georeferenced and a coordinate system is set.
– Choose the Courses (KMZ) command from the Export submenu of the Course Setting menu.
– Select the desired extent and click on Export.
– Select which courses/classes shall be exported. Select multiple courses/classes by holding the
Ctrl key or click the Select all button to select all courses/classes. All courses/classes will be saved in the same KMZ file.
– Click on the exported KMZ file. Google Earth will start automatically. You will find a folder for each course in your Temporary Places with the course maps and all controls. A PNG file will be created for each course. The controls will be displayed by placemarks.
See also or Wiki for more information.
OCAD is a Windows software. However, OCAD runs on Ubuntu using Wine.
We installed Wine on Ubuntu and run OCAD afterwards without any problems.
Wine is a free software and enables Linux users to run Windows applications without a copy of Microsoft Windows. Install Wine from the Ubuntu Software Center.
TPI stands for Topographic Position Index, which is defined as the difference between a central pixel and the mean of its surrounding cells. Choosing this option, OCAD first creates a smoothed DEM using TPI and calculates contours afterwards.
Some details may get lost, but results are very satisfying in constant slopes. Use these contours, if you want to adopt the calculated contour lines directly to your map.
In the DEM Wizard you can create “normal” custom contours (no smoothing) and/ or smoothed contours using TPI in one single step:
- Choose the desired amount of contour and the interval.
- Assign a line symbol for each type appears. By default, the first three line symbols in the settings are pre-selected.
- Click on “Load symbols from template…” to get 12 line symbols at the bottom of your symbol box, which can be used for the settings.
- Use different symbols for depression to distinguish depressions from hills.
As mentioned in the beginning, TPI contours were derived from a smoothed DEM, means some details will get lost. The following recommendations can be made:
- For mapping in the terrain, use the custom contour lines as background, where you have all details on it.
- To draw contour lines on the PC, first calculate and load the TPI contours and adapt them afterwards where needed. Use the Reshape function for that.
Especially in steep and constant slops, the biggest part of the TPI contours can be adopted to your map without redrawing. You gain much time like that.
For further information, please visit our Wiki.
OCAD 2018 has been released. Despite new functions we have used this opportunity to introduce some major changes:
Efficient and Carefree Team Work
Thanks to the subscription option OCAD 2018 for Teams you can transfer your license to others immediately and in an easy way. Everybody involved in your team works with the same and most current version.
Change to the Subscription Model
By introducing the Subscription Model, you can purchase OCAD 2018 for one or three years. During this time, OCAD will constantly be updated with new functions and adapted to the latest standards and developments.
As an OCAD 11 or OCAD 12 users, you can profit from an attractive Introductory Offer. Updates of OCAD 11 or OCAD 12 licenses to OCAD 2018 will benefit from 20% or 40% discount until 31.10.2018.
Last but not least: Our homepage www.ocad.com has been renewed from scratch. There you can also download a 21-Day-Trial or the OCAD Viewer for free. Take a look!
All you need to know about OCAD 2018, details on terms and the pricing can be found on our Homepage or in our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).