Location: Muscoot Farm – Route 100 – Somers New York
Date: Friday, April 21, 2017 Time: 9 AM – 4:00 PM
Program is for all levels of users including beginners
This will be a step-by-step hands-on workshop covering a wide range of topics. Below is a brief synopsis of topics planned to covered. Requests for additional topics are welcomed.
Non Ocad owners can use the 21 day FREE Trial version. Some loaner laptop/tablet computers will be available. Wi-Fi is available for accessing data and various websites.
Importing data for making a map- (orthophotos, LiDAR and GIS data)
- Ocad preferences and settings
- Georeferencing maps (coordinate systems, datums and declination).
- Working with Background images (maps, aerials, etc.)
- Working with LiDAR (contours, DSM, DTM’S and point clouds)
- Ocad’s Interface
- Ocad color table
- Ocad Symbols
- Map drawing tools
- Printing and Exporting complete or partial maps
- Creating Field worksheets Incorporating fieldwork into the map.
- Setting up and using a tablet computer with GPS interface
- Fieldwork session – manual or digital
- Finalizing a map (logos, legends, scale bar, images, text, etc.)
- Layout Module
- Useful Tips and Tricks from 20 years of using Ocad
- Other useful software
- Handouts: 28 page support document for the material presented and additional related documents
- Ocad’s resources (Wiki, tutorials, blog)
- Many other topics can be included by request
Ed Hicks of Orienteering Unlimited who is Ocad’s North American support and sales person since 1994 who has created and published over 350 maps since 1979
If interested in participating send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for registration form
state-of-the-art maps that serve a multitude of purposes – from member programs to facility brochures Orienteering Unlimited, Inc. – Somers, NY – Ed Hicks, Owner and Founder for 37 years –
Phone” 914-248-5957 Website/Store www.orienteeringunlimited.com
Click here to register online.
Click below for a printable PDF: