Using Airborne Laserscanning Data for Orienteering Base Map Generation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This tutorial shows how to generate in OCAD 12 an orienteering base map with the Airborne Laserscanning (ALS) test data from Landmäteriet in Sweden.
Open New File
- File -> New -> Orienteering map: Choose a file for orienteering maps.
- Save the created new file File -> Save
Import the Additional Symbol for the Contour Lines from ALS Data
- Press the Shift key and click File -> Import: OCAD opens the file chooser in Templates folder. Choose the file 'Template DEM Contour Lines.ocd'.
- In Import OCAD Map dialog choose the options Import all Symbols and colors and Import colors at the top of the color table. Click OK.
OCAD added 3 new symbols for the contour lines (1m, 5m, 25m) at the end of the symbol table.
Import ALS Data
- Click DEM -> Import. The DEM Import Wizard appears.
- Click Add and choose the four ALS tiles in rar file format.
- Click Next'.