Check Show Rulers in the View menu to show rulers. They appear along the top and left side of the drawing area. By default, the ruler's origin (0|0) is the same as the grid's point of origin. Disable Show Rulers in the View menu to hide rulers again. Rulers are an assistance to create the map layout.
Change a ruler’s origin
- Position the cursor over the intersection of the rulers in the upper-left corner of the window, and drag diagonally down onto the image. Mark the new origin with the emerging cross hairs.
- The dialog box Change the Ruler Origin appears.
- You can also enter the position of the origin manually (in mm).
- Check Move also ruler guides to move the Ruler Guides, too.
- Click on Reset to global rulers to change the origin to default ((0mm|0mm), which is the center of the map, hence the origin of the grid).
- -The rulers are not visible on exported or printed files.
- -Changing the rulers does not influence the georeference.
- -The coordinates are shown in paper coordinates (mm).