Difference between revisions of "Laser Rangefinder"
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
Revision as of 15:14, 7 November 2011
A connection to Laser Distance Meters can be setup via a serial COM port. Use Bluetooth for the data transfer from the Laser Distance Meter to the computer.
- Choose Connect to Laser Distance Meter from the GPS menu.
- Set device, port and speed.
- Click to the Test button to test the connection.
Laser Distance Meter Drawing Tool
Choose the File:LaserDistance.PNG Laser distance meter drawing mode. The Laser Distance Meter dialog appears.
Settings for different working processes can be done in the OptionsTab.
- Direction: Choose between Foresight and Backsight.
- Foresight: Measure forwards from your known position to a place with unknown position.
- Backsight Measure backwards from a place with known position to your unknown position.
- Traverse mode: Choose between Linear traverse and Radial traverse
- Linear traverse: Measure a series of points. A measured point is the start position for the next measurement.
- Radial traverse: Measure a series of points. The start position is always the same.
Draw measures data automatically:
Turn on this option if measured positions should be added to the map automatically. Otherwise each position must be confirmed by the user.
- Set a reference point: Set it by clicking on the map or get the GPS position.
- Measure the features position. Depending on the Draw measures data automatically option the positions are added to the map automatically or they must be confirmed.
- Finish a feature by clicking the Stop button.
Back to GPS