Course Setting Import
(This function is only available in course setting projects!)
Import an OCAD Map
It is possible to import an OCAD map in a course setting project.
- Choose the Import command from the File menu.
- Select an OCAD map in the browser and click the Open button.
- The Import OCAD Map dialog appears. Read the Import OCAD Map article if you do not know how to deal with this dialog.
- Click the OK button to finish.
Use this function for example to import ski or bike orienteering maps, where control circles and connection lines are not printed over all map objects.
Import Courses from ORware
With this function course definitions exported as *.txt or *.csv file from the event software ORware can be imported to an OCAD course setting project. This import is primarily thought for events where the runners from a class have individual courses (butterflies, loops etc.). The import creates one course per runner with it's individual course definition.
The course setting objects (start, controls, finish etc.) have to be added to the course setting project before starting with the import.
[TYPE];[IDENT];[CLASS];[COMBINATION];[LENGTH];[CLIMB];[START];[CTRL1]; … ;[CTRLn];[FINISH]
- [TYPE]: Course type (individual race or relay)
- [IDENT]: Course identification. Example: M21-17 (course name and startnumber)
- [CLASS]: Class name
- [COMBINATION]: Variation code. Example: BCCA
- [LENGTH]: Course length
- [CLIMB]: Course climb
- [START]: Start code
- [CTRL1] ... [CTRLn]: Control 1 - n codes
- [FINISH]: Finish code
[TYPE];[IDENT];[CLASS];[COMBINATION];[LENGTH];[CLIMB];[START];[CTRL1]; … ;[CTRLn];[FINISH];
The header line has to be included into the *.txt or *.csv file.
[TYPE] column is not used in OCAD 12. All imported courses are treated as individual courses.
Marked routes are imported as controls. Do not add them to the *.txt or *.csv file. Add marked routes to the courses with Insert Course Object to Courses function.
Map changes cannot be imported. Add map exchanges to the courses with Insert Course Object to Courses function.
Back to the Course Setting for Orienteering page.