Difference between revisions of "Using Airborne Laserscanning Data for Orienteering Base Map Generation"
|Line 41:||Line 41:|
=== Create Slope Gradient ===
=== Create Slope Gradient ===
Revision as of 13:08, 10 July 2018
This tutorial shows a possible way to proceed LiDAR data in OCAD and how to use them when drawing orienteering maps. You find more detailed information about the DEM Wizward here.
- 1 Open New File
- 2 DEM Wizard
- 3 How to use the output?
- 4 Import the Additional Symbol for the Contour Lines from ALS Data
- 5 Import ALS Data
- 6 Create Base Maps
- 7 Generated Base Maps
Open New File
- Open OCAD
- Go to File -> New -> Orienteering map: Choose a symbol set for orienteering maps and choose the scale (e.g Orienteering Map ISOM 2017 10000.ocd)
- Save the newly created file under File -> Save
Open the DEM Wizard
- Open the DEM Import Wizard in the DEM Menu.
Choose DEM Import File
- Choose one or several importable files.
- In this tutorial, we have a look at all possible outputs. However, not all of them make sense for mapping. We will have a look at it in the Result section. So, enter the DEM Settings as follows.
- Select the LAS Settings as follows.
Create Contour Lines
- Activate both boxes Create custom contours (no smoothing) and Create smoothed contours using TPI.
- Choose as contour intervall 1m/5m/25m.
- Click on Load symbols from template to get 12 line symbols at the bottom of your symbol box. The boxes will be filled automatically.
- Choose Use different symbols for depression to distinguish depressions from hills.
Create Hypsometric Map
- Select the settings for Create Hypsometric Map as follows.
Create Hill Shading
- Select the settings for Create Hill Shading as follows.
Create Slope Gradient
- Select the settings for Calculate Slope Gradient as follows.
Classify Vegetation Height
How to use the output?
Import the Additional Symbol for the Contour Lines from ALS Data
- Press the Shift key and click File -> Import: OCAD opens the file chooser in Templates folder. Choose the file 'Template DEM Contour Lines.ocd'.
- In Import OCAD Map dialog choose the options Import all Symbols and colors and Import colors at the top of the color table. Click OK.
OCAD added 3 new symbols for the contour lines (1m, 5m, 25m) at the end of the symbol table.
Import ALS Data
- Click DEM -> Import. The DEM Import Wizard appears.
- Click Add and choose the four ALS tiles in rar file format.
- Click Next. OCAD reads the ALS data. This takes some seconds.
Create Base Maps
- Click Next 2 times.
- Change the 3 line symbols to the imported symbols.
- Click Next 5 times until OCAD starts with the generation process.
- Click OK when OCAD ask to georeference the map. This takes some minutes.
Generated Base Maps
- OCAD changes to the Entire View.
- Zoom in to see the calculated 1m contour lines and the vegetation map.
- Click Background Maps -> Manage to hide the hide the calculated raster background maps.
For more information about the different background maps see the DEM Import Wizard page .