From OCAD 11 Wiki - English
Revision as of 15:53, 11 June 2012 by Admin
Computer / System Requirements
- OCAD 11 requires Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8 (32 or 64 bit). OCAD 11 is a 32 bit software.
- To avoid unnecessary screen redraws we strongly recommend for Windows Vista und Windows 7 to use the default Aero Theme
- 50 MB of free disk space for the installation
- at least 1 GB RAM (depends on the size of open maps and background maps). The OCAD program without any open map needs only 70 MB RAM.
- OCAD 11 can allocate up to approx. 3.5 GB RAM
- Screen resolution: 1280 x 1024 or higher recommended
- OCAD 11 Professional Edition: We recommend to install the Borland Database Engine (Shape import, dBase files) and the Microsoft Access Database Engine (Access and Excel files).
- Maximal map size: 4 x 4 meters (Standard edition), 80 x 80 meters (Professional edition)
- Resolution (accuracy of coordinates) 0.01 mm
- 16 million objects
- 4 million vertices for each object
- Unlimited number of symbols (number range 0.001 to 999'999.999)
- 32'000 colors (number range from 0 to 32'000)
- Unlimited file size (limited by Windows)
OCAD File Format
OCAD runs on all Windows XP / Vista / 7 or 8 computers except Windows 8 RT (ARM tablets).
Mapping on TabletPC
- Tablet PC with Windows
- Long battery life (8 hours or longer)
- Outdoor screen
- GPS with USB or Bluetooth connection
- OCAD Standard Edition
Draw Orienteering Maps and Course Setting
- Desktop or Laptop with Windows
- 2 GB or more RAM
- OCAD Standard Edition or OCAD Course Setting Edition
Map Publishing Companies
- Desktop PC with Windows one or two screens
- 4 or more GB RAM
- OCAD Professional Edition
Special OCAD Settings:
- Switch on the Faster text rendering in OCAD Preferences -> View tab in Options menu.
- Switch off the Anti-Aliasing mode in View menu