What is New
- 1 Improved or New Features in OCAD 11 since Release in June 2012
- 2 Revised or New Features in OCAD 11
- 3 Important Updates Since Release of OCAD 11 in June 2012
Improved or New Features in OCAD 11 since Release in June 2012
*** OCAD Version 11.5.4 (1991) ServiceUpdate 2014-03-03
- View option added: set line objects appearance as in OCAD 10.
*** OCAD Version 11.5.3 (1969) ServiceUpdate 2014-02-12
- Course Setting: Option to draw white background for control description also in draft mode added.
*** OCAD Version 11.5.1 (1952) ServiceUpdate 2014-01-27
- Coordinate System US State Plane (US Survey Foot) added.
- DEM Import: Coordinate system transformation added when importing DEM files which have a different coordinate system than the map.
*** OCAD Version 11.4.1 (1911) ServiceUpdate 2013-12-02
- OIM Export: Localization of exported strings. Add stroke opacity for point POIs.
- XML Script: Open and Remove background map added.
- SOSI Import added: Import of Norwegian geo data SOSI file format.
*** OCAD Version 11.4.0 (1888) ServiceUpdate 2013-11-13
- Czech translation added. Many thanks to Martin Simco, Machovsky mapy s.r.o.!
- Paper size A0 to A2 added to Ruler Guides.
- DEM Import: Compressed las file (laz) are now supported.
- GPS: Support Windows Location API as Real Time GPS interface.
*** OCAD Version 11.3.16 (1853) ServiceUpdate 2013-10-17
- OIM: Possiblity to set overlays visible at a certain zoom level.
- OIM: Allow for hover of text information over POI vectors or icons. Allow to style the vector points for diameter, fill color, stroke color, opacity of the fill. Highlight POIs with an arrow through the search.
*** OCAD Version 11.3.13 (1805) ServiceUpdate 2013-08-13
- CSV File Import: Import of csv files added.
- PDF export performance improved: 10x faster.
- Import classes from csv file to course setting project.
- Lengthen line text objects by distance or percent of current length added.
*** OCAD Version 11.3.10 (1748) ServiceUpdate 2013-06-03
- Add Normal, Corner or Dash Vertex and Remove Vertex Function: Pressing the Alt to select a new object, OCAD change back to the edit mode after releasing the Alt key.
- Preferences: New option 'Right mouse click change between drawing and editing' added. It is useful to deactivate this option when drawing on tablet with a pen.
- TIFF Export: OCAD exports also the EPSG code in GeoTIFF file.
*** OCAD Version 11.3.8 (1707) ServiceUpdate 2013-04-29
- Map: 'Add all' button added to 'Convert imported layers to symbols'.
- DXF Import: New option 'GIS 1mm/unit' added. This solves problem with unit mm in dxf (e.g. British Ordnance Survey).
*** OCAD Version 11.3.7 (1681) ServiceUpdate 2013-04-09
- Shape Import: New option not to create a database.
- Coordinate system DA94 / Geoscience Australia Lambert added.
- Coordinate system UTM / ETRS89 added.
- Coordinate system Iceland SN93 / Lambert 1993 added.
- Coordinate system Dutch grid Amersfoort / RD New added.
*** OCAD Version 11.3.5 (1636) ServiceUpdate 2013-03-11
- Database, Delete Records without Linked Object: New function added.
- New DEM function Merge Contour Line added.
*** OCAD Version 11.3.4 (1620) ServiceUpdate 2013-02-27
- Create Contour Lines: New option 'Split DEM into tiles'. Function is much faster in 'Tile' mode.
*** OCAD Version 11.3.3 (1589) ServiceUpdate 2013-01-31
- DEM Import: Option to convert Feet to Meters added.
- Rectangle Symbol: Line style supported. Default value is 'round join'.
- OCD File Import: New option to import also existing database connections.
- Calculate DEM Difference: OCAD supports now different cell size and different extent for upper and lower DEM.
- Create Name Index: Range option added.
- Object Info Dialog: Two buttons added to copy the data as text in the Windows Clipboard.
*** OCAD Version 11.3.2 (1560) ServiceUpdate 2013-01-07
- Editing: Option to let line and area objects closed when editing.
*** OCAD Version 11.3.1 (1530) ServiceUpdate 2012-12-18
- Coordinate system North American NAD83 added.
- Trim and Bleed Marks: Option for marks outside or inside added.
*** OCAD Version 11.3.0 (1502) ServiceUpdate 2012-11-26
- Color Swatch: Replace all function added to replace all color from the list by the colors from the swatch if they have the same color number.
- Course Setting: Dialog added to enter the Punching Unit IDs. OCAD exports this IDs in the IOF XML file.
- Course Setting: Ocd map import function added.
- Coordinate system Slovenian National Grid D96 added.
- GPS Real Time: Better visible, thicker GPS cursor.
*** OCAD Version 11.2.2 (1452) ServiceUpdate 2012-10-29
- DXF Export: write height as z value in DXF file.
- DEM: Text symbol for DEM profile start- and endpoint label added to template.
- Map, Change Coordinate System: Option to scale symbols for Google Mercator transformation added.
- Delete Objects by Selected Symbols added in Professional edition.
*** OCAD Version 11.1.6 (1384) ServiceUpdate 2012-09-19
- Coordinate system Italian UTM 32N / 33N based upon ETRS89 map datum
*** OCAD Version 11.1.4 (1340) ServiceUpdate 2012-08-29
- Select Object by Object Index
- Select Objects with Invalid Geometry
- Import OCAD Map: New option to not import any symbols and colors.
- Object Information Dialog: Cell values can now be copied with the Ctrl+C keys.
- Measure: The measured values can now be copied.
- Coordinate system Hong Kong UTM.
Revised or New Features in OCAD 11
- Completely Unicode compatible GUI
- New GUI styles added
- Show WGS84 coordinates optionally in status bar
- More precise bezier curve calculation (changes graphic representation of dashed lines!)
- - Reference point in part of map setup added
- - Save and reload different print ranges
- - Support Freehand XML format
- - Multiple file import for Shape, DXF, GPX, NMEA and XYZ format
- - Import Shape: Coordinate system transformation (WGS84 supported), support database type Access and Excel, support code page
- - PDF: Save CRT file with layers
- - OCAD: Option to import colors at the top of the color table
- - JPEG: Quality setting option
- - US Tabloid format added
- Select All
- Clear Selection
- Invert Selection
- Select Next Object
- Save Selection
- Reload Selection
- Edit Selection
- Select Group
- Stairway drawing mode
- Multiple point objects drawing mode (eg for avenues)
- Laser Rangefinder drawing mode
- Snapping drawing and editing option
- Draw ellipse by entering numeric entries of a,b and angle
- Draw rectangle by entering x, y, width and height
- Live Preview option (Preferences)
- Option to close open areas automatically after drawing (Preferences)
- Cut area: Rectangular mode enabled, always select the smaller of the two new areas after cutting
- Cut area / Cut hole: Change drawing tool with TAB key before starting to cut
- Crop Objects
- Move Parallel with Distance
- Interpolate Objects
- Move and Duplicate
- Mirror and Duplicate
- Convert to Layout Object
- Smooth: Douglas-Peucker algorithm
- Create Color Gradient
- Group and Ungroup
- Insert Glyphs
- Measuring: More precise Bezier curve measuring
- Fast object moving (Shift + arrow)
- - Select Duplicate Objects
- - Select Self-Intersected Objects
- - Select Line Text Objects with too Short a Line
- - Lengthen Line Text Objects
- - Close Area Objects
- - Remove Overshoots and Undershoots
- - Insert Intersections
- New symbol: Create default symbol icon when creating a new symbol
- Select Symbol by Symbol Number
- Select Symbol by Font
- Replace Color of Symbols
- Replace Font of Symbols
- Protect Image Objects
- Symbol Editor
- - Colored color combo box
- - Scale symbol elements up and down
- - Center selected symbol elements
- - Make screenshot for symbol icon
- - Warning if symbol contains elements with undefined color
- Symbol Icon Editor
- - Icon palette with predefined icons
- - Pick color tool added
- Create Map Grid: Support real world coordinates, symbol selector added
- Create WGS84 Grid
- Coordinate System: User defined grid, load parameters from projection file
- Export Selected Objects
- Routing via Google Maps API
- - Mirror map
- - Change Coordinate System
- - Rubbersheeting: Option to exclude protected objects or layout objects
- - Rubbersheeting: Show number of rubbersheeting points
- - Center Map to Drawing Area
- - Drag and drop colors
- - New color picker
- - Color swatch
- Edit Layout Objects
- Import Layout
- Save Layout
- Add North Arrow or Scale Bar
- Add Map Legend
- Create Graticule Name Index
- Create Name Index: Support AA AB AC indices and add index directly to the map
- ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) for database access
- Create new database: Access and Excel supported
- Rename dataset added
- Special field 'Angle' added
- Update special fields function added
- SQL query: Delete, load and save query
- Add text by database records: Object offset added
- Select linked objects with corresponding database record
- Select linked objects without corresponding database record
- Select objects linked to the same database record
- WMS - Web Map Service
- Support PNG format
- Support 32bit RGB TIFF format
- Rescale background maps when changing map scale
- Background map information dialog also for raster background maps
- Import: Support LAS and SRTm (*.hgt) format
- Support sub-meter cell size for OCAD DEM
- Merge DEM
- Calculate DEM Difference
- Calculate Slope Gradient
- Classify Vegetation Height
- Profile export to OCAD: hiking time calculation, labels and symbols at stopovers
- Drawing with TruPulse 360 B Laser Rangefinder
- Option to subtract GPS antenna height from Z value
- Renumber all control codes by entering a new first code
- Insert course object to a list of courses
- Delete course object from a list of courses
- Move control number for all courses that use it
- Edit connection line for all courses that use it
- Show thin connection line between control circle and control number when moving control number in preview
- New dialog to edit text control description
- Create automatic text control description from IOF symbol description
- Control description positioning at top or bottom left corner
- New algorithm to distribute relay variations more regularly to teams
- Export relay variation codes for all runners
- Courses dialog: Show course length and number of controls
- Statistics: Highlight unused course objects in course statistics dialog
- Statistics: Leg statistics added (number of courses / runners per leg)
- Statistics: Control/Course diagram
- Statistics: Detect identical courses and courses without start or finish
- Import course definition from event software
- New IOF XML Version 3.0 exchange format supported
- Export course maps: Export multiple courses to one course map file (only normal courses)
- New OCAD Wiki Help: http://www.ocad.com/en.wiki
- More graphic hints
Important Updates Since Release of OCAD 11 in June 2012
- OCAD Blog: Added option to show new OCAD Blog posts when starting OCAD
- Import Shape without database.
Drawing and Editing Objects
- Topology: Lengthen line text objects by distance or percentage of current length (OCAD 11 Professional)
- Much faster Contour Line calculation with Split DEM into tiles option
- Calculate DEM Difference also for DEMs with different cell sizes and extents
Options - Preferences
- Option Close line and area objects when editing added.
- Import OCAD map to Course Setting project added (used for Ski-O, MTB-O)
- Save Course Setting project as OCAD 9 or 10 file
- New coordinate systems added
- OCAD is now linked with the French Wiki when the GUI language is French.
- OCAD is now linked with the German Wiki when the GUI language is German.
Previous Chapter: About this Wiki
Next Chapter: Graphical User Interface
Back to Main Page