As OCAD team we pour our energy, heart and soul into the improvement and further development of OCAD. But are we on the right track? We are always open for feedback and the implementation of customer wishes.
That’s why we invite you to participate in our survey and state your opinion.
New functions for the OCAD Course Setting module have been added with the latest Service Update 18.2.2.
– With the Compose Course tool, course setting has become faster and easier. First click adds a start object, each additional click adds a control point and double click adds a finish object to the map and the course.
– To start successfully with a Course Setting project, we added the New Course Setting Project Wizard. This wizard guides you through the first steps, like choosing the right symbol set and loading a map file in the background layer.
The new functions will be explained briefly in this video.
The International Orienteering Federation (IOF) Rules Commission released the updated IOF Control Descriptions (ISCD 2018) last week. The International Specification for Control Descriptions will come into force on 1st of January 2018. The new OCAD 12 Service Update 12.3.0 contains new course setting symbol sets which are fully compatible with the new ISCD 2018 specification.
Major Changes to the 2004 version
– Optional extra line showing the distance to the start triangle from the timed start.
– New symbols introduced for Trench and Out of Bounds Area.
– Bend moved from Column G to Column F.
– Removal of symbol for Radio or TV control.
New Symbol Sets in OCAD
After installing the new OCAD 12 Service Update, the ISCD 2018 symbol sets for the different scales are available when starting a new Course Setting project.
In a course setting project for forest orienteering (scale 1:15’000 and 1:10’000) the course setting symbols refers to ISOM 2017, for sprint orienteering (scale 1:4’000 and 1:5’000) the course setting symbols refers to ISSOM 2007.
Map Issue Point
The International Specification for Orienteering Maps (ISOM 2017) has a new symbol for the map issue point (symbol number 702). How that works in OCAD? Choose a new ISCD 2018 course setting project and draw a marked route to the start triangle. Add a Corner Vertex into the dashed line. The crossbar for the map issue point appears.
Please note that the new symbol sets are not compatible with OCAD 11 and earlier versions.