– The app is now available in Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Search for OCAD Sketch.
– When uploading data from OCAD Desktop to OCAD Cloud Transfer, a link will be generated in addition to a QR Code. This link can easily be sent to the mobile device, e.g. via email, SMS or WhatApp. On your mobile device, just click on the link to download the data into OCAD Sketch App.
– The OCAD Sketch App Data Exchange tool is now available in different languages.
– Thanks to some bug fixes, the app runs more stable.
Have you already installed the app?
Then update the app in Google Play Store or Apple App Store. All your previous projects will still be available in the official version.
Haven’t you installed the app yet?
Then get going! The OCAD Sketch App provides a great mapping experience in the field- both for new mapping and for revisions, feedback from course planners or map reviewers.
What’s next after the installation of the app?
To work with the app, you must first load a map project onto the app. You can do so in several ways:
– Learn how to transfer a project from OCAD Desktop to the app in our OCAD Wiki or in this video. Please install the latest OCAD Update first. Request a free OCAD Trial if you have no OCAD Subscription license.
– Request a link or a QR code for a project from another person, e.g. a club member.
Often, an orienteering competition starts with a marked route to the start point. Nowadays, you also mark the Map Issue Point. It’s the place where you get the map and it is marked with a horizontal line.
There is a symbol 702.000 for the Map Issue Point. If your course setting project contains just one start, that’s all right. However, it get’s annoying if there are more than one start and Map Issue Points, as all of them will be show in Course Preview.
It’s better to include the Map Issue Point into the marked route, that leads to the start point. For that, you need to insert a Corner Vertex into the marked route.
Now, the Map Issue Points will only be displayed if the corresponding course is previewed/ exported.
Functions that may be affected by this error message includes New Map Wizard, Rotate Map to Magnetic North, Magnetic Declination and Online Map Services.
This bug will not be not fixed in OCAD 12.
How did this error happen?
Open Street Map no longer supports Internet Explorer, which was previously used in OCAD to display web content. That’s why OCAD uses now Microsoft Edge WebView2. Microsoft Edge WebView2 is already installed on computers running Windows 11, but not on older versions of Windows. Therefore, the Microsoft Edge WebView2 must be installed manually on these devices.
For a long distance orienteering race, the following courses and classes are offered.
– Long Course, Class WE, Scale 15’000 – Medium Course, Class W18, Scale 10’000 – Medium Course, Class M60, Scale 7’500 – Short Course, Class M80, Scale 7’500
Thanks to the Canvases function, all courses and/or classes can be automatically exported as PDF from a single course setting project in the specified scale and layout. Especially for larger events, this reduces the time required and potential sources of error.